Although WhatsApp works with the numbers in our contact list, there is also a provision to interact with numbers that aren’t in our contact list. However interacting with those alien numbers isn’t really seamless by default, especially when you are a sender that doesn’t want to share your private details. Luckily there is a hack that makes the process seamless. This hack will be discussed in the tutorial on how to send messages to unsaved contacts on WhatsApp on Android and iOS.
With that being said, you necessarily do not have to go through the hassle of having to save someone’s contact before you message them, especially in a scenario where it’s going to be a one-time conversation. Probably with a client, a service provider e.t.c. Below are the different hacks you can employ in your quest.
Sending Messages To Unsaved Contacts on Whatsapp For Android
There are different methods to messaging unsaved contacts on Android. You can quickly create a WhatsApp profile link or use a third-party app that offers the same facilities as the Clicktochat app.
Creating a Whatsapp Link
The emergence of the WhatsApp link system has made it easy for many business owners to get clients in a seamless manner, as the clients are no longer required to save the business number in their contact list. All they need do is click the profile link and they will immediately land in the business’s DM.
Follow the steps outlined below to create a WhatsApp link, which will enable you to go directly to the DM of an unsaved contact:
- On your notepad, copy and paste http://wa.me/XXXXXXXXXXXX
- Replace the XXXXXXXXXXXX with the phone number of the contact (make sure you don’t add the “+” sign to the country code. eg the number should be in the format 234706400000 and not +234706400000
- Paste and lunch the full WhatsApp link in your browser. The link should look like this http://wa.me/234706400000 (You will be sent directly to the DM of the contact
- Send the person a message.
The ClickChat app is a third-party app you can employ to make unsaved contacts on your smartphone. It is one of the provisions you can opt for when you aren’t totally ok with creating WhatsApp links each time. Below are the steps required to use the ClickChat app for this action:
- Download and Install Click to chat on iOS or Android
- Launch the app
- Input the person’s phone number in the field provided (Make sure you select the correct country code)
- Finally, click open to start chatting
There you have it – a comprehensive tutorial on how to send messages to unsaved contacts on WhatsApp on Android and iOS. If you have any questions, feel free to drop them in the comment section below.